Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ahh..Peace and Quiet

Ahh...Peace and Quiet!!

I just love the sound of nap time music and the breeze blowing in the windows!! Have you ever watched a sleeping baby or child? Why do they look so sweet, innocent, quiet, precious, and lovable?? Those words and thoughts jumped into my head today during nap time.

We had some special friends come play with us (my nephew Josiah and niece Lydia as well as Mrs. Sandy (my mom) and Mr. Joe (my dad))!! And we couldn't have asked for a better day! After all the rainy indoor days we have had the kiddos sure needed a nice day like today to get some energy out and play outside! Soooo..that is what we did most of the morning!! When Josiah and Lydia visit the kiddos have a rough time with nap time and laying down, but I just knew that they would be fast asleep as soon as Josiah and Lydia left. And boy was I right.

On a normal day, I u
sually have to remind the older girls that it is nap time, which means they need to lay down, rest, be quite, and fall asleep, like 3-5 times, but today, I only had to remind them ONCE and then they were fast asleep enjoying the breeze blow on them and dream sweet dreams!

Now if only I didn't have things to do during nap time and I could enjoy the breeze and the sweet dreams with the kiddos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment